FGV NAP is specialized in pedagogical and psycho-pedagogical assistance to students, didactic-pedagogical support to professors and coordinators of undergraduate courses at the FGV Schools in Rio de Janeiro and the Federal District.
FGV NAP presents itself as a reference channel for students, in order to meet their individual and/or collective, emotional and/or cognitive needs and in any other way of learning, in being and relating to the environment. interdisciplinary and dynamic world of higher education knowledge.
FGV NAP team develops welcoming strategies for students and, through qualified listening and counseling, seeks to understand their demands to act by creating better pedagogical conditions that aim to favor the intellectual and emotional development of these young people in this new stage of life, thus trying to prevent academic failure.
In addition to that, FGV NAP adopts an active approach to seeking out students' statements about their experience during academic activities, their doubts, suggestions and special needs.
Among NAP’s various functions are:
- Among the various functions of the NAP, the following stand out: Offer pedagogical and psychopedagogical support to academic practices, study activities, monitoring and cognitive development of students;
- Develop workshops, conversation circles and promote lectures on topics relevant to the intellectual and emotional development of students;
- Help the student overcome challenges, establish new interpersonal relationships, live with differences and adapt to the new social environment;
- Promote meetings with representatives of classes and other student entities;
- Monitor the academic performance of students during the academic semesters, proposing some pedagogical strategies in order to contribute to overcoming the possible difficulties faced;
- Develop individualized study guidance for the student who has difficulty organizing time and learning;
- Minimize, through individual or collective counseling, the natural difficulties of students encountered during the course, provide psycho-pedagogical support for the rescue of self-esteem and create better pedagogical conditions for their maturation and individual improvement;
- Supervise the process of complementary curricular and extracurricular activities according to the demands required by the course coordinators;
- Assist teachers, when required, on the pedagogical methodology adopted in their classes;
- Act as a mediator in the solution of possible conflicts involving student/student, student/teacher, student/coordination.
Pedagogical / Psycho-pedagogical Assistance:
Hours: Monday to Friday, from 7am to 5pm
Location: Headquarters Building - Praia de Botafogo, 190 - 3rd Floor, Room 309
Phone: (55 21) 3799-5910