What is the Enade?
The National Student Performance Exam (ENADE or Exame Nacional de Desempenho de Estudantes), which is part of the National Higher Education Evaluation System (SINAES or Sistema Nacional de Avaliação da Educação Superior) is an exam administered every three years, per course. The purpose of this exam is to assess student performance in relation to specific course content and general knowledge.
|Complete the Student Questionnaire||21/10/2015 a 22/11/2015|
Information about the exam
The exam will be administered on November 22, 2015, starting at 13 hours (BRT or Brasilia Standard Time). Students who will write the exam must present themselves at the location determined by INEP (the Institute for Education Research and Studies), at 12:15 (BRT) on November 22, 2015, to allow enough time to find the room, sign the attendance list and complete other formalities. Students must bring valid photo I.D
For more information, please contact:
Frequently asked questions:
1. What courses will be part of the 2015 ENADE exam?
As per Normative Ruling 3, March 6, 2015, the 2015 ENADE exam will evaluate the following courses that offer a degree in: Administration; Public Administration; Accounting Sciences; Economic Sciences; Social Communication
- Journalism; Social communication - Publicity and Advertising; Design; Law; Psychology; International Relations; Executive Secretariat; Theology and Tourism. Non-degree Technical?? diploma in: Foreign Trade; Interior Design; Fashion Design; Graphic Design; Gastronomy; Commercial Administration; Quality Management; Human resource Management; Financial management; Public Administration; Logistics; Marketing and Management Processes.
2. When will be the 2015 ENADE be held?
The exam will be administered on November 22, 2015, starting at 13 hours (BRT). Students who will write the exam must present themselves at the location determined by INEP (the Institute for Education Research and Studies), at 12:15 (BRT) on November 22, 2015, to allow enough time to find the room, sign the attendance list and complete other formalities. Students must bring valid photo I.D.
3. Is it mandatory for the registered student to write the exam?
Yes. Participation in the ENADE exam is an indispensable requirement for the student’s transcript to be labeled ‘in good standing’ and for their diploma to be issued by the Higher Education Institution. In 2015, only those students about to conclude their degrees will take the ENADE exam that will be administered on November 22, 2015
4. What happens if a registered student doesn’t write the exam?
The registered student who doesn’t write the exam will be unable to receive a diploma until he/she becomes in good standing again with ENADE, as the student’s course requirements will be incomplete (the ENADE is a mandatory component of the curriculum).
5. How can a registered student who didn’t write the exam restore his/her status of good standing with ENADE?
The student must justify his/her absence to INEP and have this justification be accepted, or the student must participate in the next ENADE exam. The procedure for filing a justification will be informed by INEP after the exam.
6. Once the student has sent in his/her justification for missing the exam, is the student exempt and will he/she regain his/her good standing?
No. The student will only be exempt if the INEP accepts the justification for the absence. Otherwise the student’s status will remain irregular and he/she must enroll in the next edition of the ENADE exam.
7. When will the student be notified of acceptance of the justification?
Generally, the Normative Ruling with exemptions will be published two months after the exam, in the Official Gazette.
8. Which exams will a student who is not in good standing take if his/her particular degree is not being evaluated this year?
New students and those who are about to graduate and who are not in good standing who have been registered to write the exam pursuant to of article 8th, clause 1 of Resolution N° 03/2015 are exempt from taking the exam that will be administered in 2015. Their good standing will be affirmed via a special report to be issued by INEP.
9. When will I receive information about the exam location and the printed student information card?
The exam location and printed student information card will be made available after the student completes the Student Questionnaire.
10. Why is it important to complete the Student Questionnaire?
The questionnaire is part of the preliminary course grade and completion is mandatory. Failure to complete the questionnaire will result in a violation of the 2015 ENADE regulations. Please be thorough in completing the questionnaire and choose the answer that best describes your ideas or thoughts. Avoid answering "no information". In case of questions, please contact the course coordinator or teachers.
11. How do I access the student questionnaire?
The student questionnaire is available on the INEP website.
12. If someone has written the ENADE exam for another course, should he/she write it again?
Yes. Once the student meets the requirements for a beginning or graduating student, he/she will be registered for the ENADE exam and must participate.
13. What are the implications for the academic status of students who missed the exam and whose justification was not accepted?
The student will not be allowed to graduate until he/she becomes a student in good standing with ENADE.
14. Will a student who fails to attend the exam automatically be registered by the IES in the next edition of ENADE?
Students who were absent from the 2015 ENADE exam, and whose justifications were not accepted, will be automatically re-registered by IES in the 2016 exam, as an "student not in good standing ", so they can rectify the situation with the INEP/MEC.
15. How does a student access the Individual Performance Report?
The student who wrote the ENADE exam will be able to access their Individual Performance Report on the Inep website, after the results of the exam have been made public. The result is not mailed to the student’s residence, so please check the INEP site.
Legislation enacted by Inep regarding ENADE 2015 and made public so far:
Normative Ruling No. 40 of December 12, 2007 (*) Republished on December 29 2010
Institutes the e-MEC (an electronic workflow and information management system created to facilitate the regulation, evaluation and monitoring of post-secondary education in the federal education system) and the e-MEC Registry of Higher Education Institutions and Degrees, and consolidates provisions on quality indicators, assessor databases (Basis) and the National Student Performance Exam (ENADE), among other provisions.
Law No. 10,861 of April 14, 2004
Institutes the National Higher Education Evaluation System – SINAES – among other provisions.
Normative Ruling 3 of March 6, 2015
Establishes the rules of the National Student Performance Exam - ENADE for 2015