The application period for admissions to the MSc & PhD Program follows the schedule below:
|PhD:||November/2018 to May/2019|
|MSc:||February/2019 to November/2019|
The selection process will consist of a curricular analysis and the interview in English with the candidate. In order to apply for the MSc & PhD Program the candidate must complete the online application within the deadline established in the Public Notice of Selection Process, upload the documents required and pay the application fee.
Research Tracks Indication
During the application process, applicants must indicate up to 2 research tracks, in order of preference. The MSc & PhD program offers 4 (four) lines of research, as below: Behavioral and Decision Sciences, Strategy, Management & Organizations, Finance, and Institutions, Policies and Government. For more information about the research tracks click here
Phase 1 – Examination of Academic Record
A list of the documents is given below that are required for participation in the MSc or PhD Program Selection Process:
- Identity document;
- CPF (Individual Taxpayers' ID);
- Passport (foreign candidates);
- Updated Curriculum Lattes/CNPq (http://lattes.cnpq.br);
- Undergraduate Diploma (In case of courses taken abroad, the document presented must be apostilled or consularized, as described by the Hague Convention, together with the notarized translation of the document);
- Candidates who are completing the Undergraduate Studies may present, at the time of the application, a declaration stating the expected time of course completion (issued no longer than 60 days before application). At the time of enrollment in the Graduate Program, candidates must present a Diploma or a declaration stating the date of graduation;
- Classification and score at one of the following exams:
- GMAT (minimum score: 600, expiry period: 3 years);
- GRE (minimum score: 155 in Verbal Reasoning, 155 in Quantitative reasoning, expiry period: 3 years);
- ANPAD (minimum percentile: 90%, expiry period: 2 years);
- ANPEC (minimum percentile: 90%, %, expiry period: 2 years).
- Certificate of Proficiency in English in one of the following exams:
- IELTS (minimum score: 6,5);
- TOEFL IBT (minimum score 90);
- Cambridge CEFR (minimum score: C1).
- Candidate´s Letter of motivation, in English, stating the reasons why he/she wishes to join the MSc or PhD Program in Administration at EBAPE, research interests and other aspects the candidate may consider relevant (two pages maximum);
- Two Recommendation letters, in English;
- Proof of payment of the application fee;
- Social name inclusion form (if applicable);
- Medical Report (candidates with disabilities);
Uploading the documents
- The documents should be scanned, saved in PDF format and attached to the application form;
- The maximum allowed file size for each document is 1.5MB;
- Photos of documents will not be accepted;
- Documents that are two-sided or contain more than one (1) page must be scanned/merged in a single file (e.g., identification, passport, certificate, etc.);
- Illegible, incomplete or non-standard documents will invalidate the application;
- Applicants should consult the status of the documentation sent through the website www.fgv.br/processoseletivo, menu “Visão Geral”, link “Acompanhe sua inscrição”. The documents will be verified within three (3) business days.
Phase 2 – Interview
After an initial selection based on the information in the submitted documentation, candidates approved during Phase 1 are contacted for an interview conducted in English.
Important: Approved candidates will only be allowed to be enrolled in the program if of all original documentation (or notarized copies as listed under the item headed Phase 1) is presented as the public notice of the selection process. Foreign candidates must also present student visas when enrolling. The FGV reserves the right to cancel the enrolment of any student failing to comply with the requirements set forth above by the start of the second quarter of the academic year.