FGV EBAPE in Rio de Janeiro invites applications for an assistant professor position in marketing.
Assistant Professor Position in Marketing
The Brazilian School of Public and Business Administration (FGV EBAPE) at the Fundação Getulio Vargas (FGV) in Rio de Janeiro invites applications for an assistant professor position in marketing beginning in January 2022 or on a mutually agreed date.
The candidate must hold a PhD or be a PhD candidate from an internationally recognized research-oriented school. The candidate should demonstrate evidence that s/he is able to conduct research leading to top-tier publications in marketing (Journal of Marketing, Journal of Marketing Research, Journal of Consumer Research, Marketing Science). Candidates are also expected to teach at the graduate and undergraduate levels. Neither Brazilian citizenship nor knowledge of Portuguese is required. Classes can be taught in English only.
FGV EBAPE is strongly committed at fostering a high-quality research environment. To achieve this goal, the school offers a competitive package in the South American market in terms of salary, teaching load, and research budget.
Applications should be submitted by email only to Beatriz Alves at email@example.com
The application package is expected to contain:
- Introduction letter (optional)
- Two to three reference letters
- Job market paper and up to 2 additional published articles/working papers.
Selected candidates will be contacted by email.
About FGV and FGV EBAPE:
Founded in 1944, Fundação Getulio Vargas (FGV) is a world-renowned center for high-quality education and research in Brazil. It hosts 8 schools and 2 research institutes. The Brazilian School of Public and Business Administration (FGV EBAPE) was established in 1952 in Rio de Janeiro. FGV EBAPE offers small undergraduate and graduate programs and a thriving research environment.
Under the direction of Dean Flávio Vasconcelos, FGV EBAPE has become the Brazilian port of entry for prominent scholars who wish to conduct cutting-edge research in business and government. The school has been successful at recruiting research-oriented junior and senior faculty from leading schools around the globe.
The most recent examples are:
- 2012 – Eduardo B. Andrade (UC Berkeley - Marketing)
- 2013 – Cesar Zucco Jr. (Rutgers University – Political Science)
- 2013 – Daniela Campello (Princeton University – Political Science)
- 2014 – Fábio Caldieraro (University of Washington - Marketing)
- 2015 – Lars Norden (RSM, Erasmus University - Finance)
- 2016 – Ishani Agrawal (Tilburg University – Organizational Behavior)
- 2018 – Olivier Bertrand (SKEMA University - Strategy)
FGV EBAPE expects to continue this hiring trend in the following years.