Requirements for graduate students to take part in the Exchange Program:
Students may apply who:
- Are regularly enrolled in an EBAPE Master’s Program for the academic period of the application;
- Have earned the required course credits;
- Have only grades A or B (Academic Master’s);
- In some cases, proficiency in the language of the specific course or host country program to be pursued (as required by the foreign school);
The participation of EBAPE graduate students in the International Exchange Program depends on their passing the selection process, following the steps described below.
Steps of the selection procedure and required documentation
- Submit complete required documentation to the Academic Records Office (SRA) within no more than 120 days prior to the beginning of the program abroad.
- Completed and signed Application Form
- Study Plan with description of courses to be taken;
- Copy of Academic Transcript.
- Final evaluation results by the Selection Committee.
Exchange Course Validation
After returning from an exchange program, students have up to six months to validate the courses taken at the partner school. After this deadline, validation will not be permitted.
For validation purposes, students should file a Request (Requerimento) (1) with the Academic Records Office (SRA), supported by the following documentation:
- Full Exchange Report (form for this of the student before travelling on the exchange program);
- Original transcript from the exchange host schools;
- Translation (not sworn) of the descriptions of the courses taken;
For validation purposes, one course with four European Credits (part of the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) is equivalent to a 30-hour course.
(1) The Request must clearly list the courses taken that the student wishes to validate, as well as showing those that the student wants only to include in the academic records.
(2) Should the student select courses while staying in the host country other than those listed in the original exchange program application, it is vital for the student to enter into contact by email with the EBAPE International Relations Department and the Course Coordinator, in order to request permission to sign up for the desired course. This is vital in order to avoid problems when applying for validation after returning home.