Tel.: (55 21) 3083 2445
- PhD in Administration (PhD in Management) awarded with distinction (Mention Très Honnorable avec les Félicitations du Jury), École des Hautes Etudes Commerciales (HEC), Paris, France;
- Master’s in Sociology, Institut d' Etudes Politiques, Paris, France;
- Bachelor’s in Law, Law School, University of São Paulo;
- Bachelor’s in Public Administration, Business Administration School in São Paulo, Getulio Vargas Foundation (FGV EAESP).
Research Projects for Government Agencies
- Research Productivity Grant, National Council for Scientific and Technological Development (CNPq)–1A.
- Political economics of the Oil and Gas Industry. Cooperation Program, National Council for Scientific and Technological Development / Massachusetts Institute of Technology (CNPq/MIT).
Prof Vasconcelos is the Dean of the Brazilian Public and Business Administration School, Getulio Vargas Foundation (FGV EBAPE). Full Professor, Business Administration School in São Paulo, Getulio Vargas Foundation (FGV/EAESP). At the professional level, he has worked as a specialized applied research consultant for clients such as Brazil’s Power Sector Regulator (ANEEL), and several power utilities (CHESF, Furnas, Eletronorte and Eletrosul). In the USA, he was a consultant at the Center for Applied Research at the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, and for McKinsey and Co in Brazil. He has published some forty papers in specialized journals and presented more than seventy papers at scientific congresses, in addition to publishing three books and contributing chapters to several compilations, awarded six prizes for the scientific merits of his work.
Fields of Interest
- Business Strategy
- Organization Theory
- Economic History
- Knowledge Sociology