- PhD in Political Science, University of California, Los Angeles (2007);
- Master’s in Political Science, Rio de Janeiro University Research Institute (IUPERJ) (2000);
- Bachelor’s in Law, Santa Catarina Federal University (1999).
Prof Cesar Zucco joined the FGV faculty in July 2013. He was a tenure-track Assistant Professor in the Rutgers Political Science Department, New Jersey State University (2011–2013) and has held visiting appointments at Princeton, Yale, and Oxford. He is the author of two books with Cambridge University Press ("Partisans, Antipartisans, and Nonpartisans” published in 2018 and "The Volatility Curse”, which is forthcoming in 2020) and has published papers in some of the leading international Political Science journals, such as the American Journal of Political Science, The Journal of Politics, and the British Journal of Political Science as well as in many area studies journals such as Latin American Politics and Society, Latin American Research Review, Journal of Latin American Studies, among others.
Fields of Interest
- Parties and Elections in Latin America
- Measurement and Meaning of Ideology
- Political Determinants and Impacts of Social Programs
- Research Designs for Causal Inference