Its internationalization policy endows the FGV/EBAPE with a clear competitive advantage.
Through this approach, it strives to enhance the quality of the teaching activities and qualifications of its Faculty and students. The main purpose is to offer them international experience that extends their business and public administration teaching-learning process expertise, while broadening their cultural viewpoints through different realities. The School believes that this double exposure will enhance their qualifications, while boosting their ability to enter a wider range of academic and professional fields.
Internationalization is part of the EBAPE core strategy, generating an entire set of benefits and ushering in a diverse environment that in turn opens up new prospects and spurs creativity, innovation and flexibility among EBAPE community members. This diverse environment established by internationalization has positive impacts on the global operations of the School, extending the horizons of its Faculty and – more important – its students, preparing them to become leaders in the public and private sectors in Brazil, while surmounting the challenges raised by globalization.
Key internationalization initiatives at the School
During the past few years, EBAPE has engaged in a string of initiatives on the international scene, designed to buttress its overall mission, which is to foster the social and economic development of Brazil, upgrading ethical standards nationwide, urging responsible governance practices and providing leverage for outstanding business and government leaders on the domestic and international stages. Examples of these latter initiatives are:
- International Mobility Program: striving to prepare its students for greater international exposure, EBAPE has set up partnerships with leading universities in several countries, thus offering exchange opportunities to its students, as well as the chance to get to know visiting exchange students from all over the world.
- International Executive Programs: in addition to traditional student exchange programs, EBAPE has signed agreements with renowned international business schools in order to offer special programs to Executive Master’s students, such as the Corporate International Master’s (CIM), Global MBA, International Master´s in Practicing Management (IMPM) and the Global Executive MBA (IMM).
- Courses Taught in English: the School offers Academic Masters and PhD Programs taught only in English, with a portfolio of Master’s courses for exchange students through its International Program in Business (IPB), and is working towards gradually stepping up the number of undergraduate classroom courses taught in English.
- Research Exchange: the FGV/EBAPE is also heading up projects urging Higher Education Institutions from outside Brazil to conduct research and publish papers, thus encouraging the formation of a network of researchers focused on the production and dissemination of scientific knowledge.
- Accreditation: in 2014, the FGV/EBAPE was awarded EQUIS international accreditation under the European Quality Improvement System, which is one of the most important certifications in the academic world. Granted only to institutions that comply with stringent international teaching and research quality standards by the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD), which is an international business school assessment entity, this accreditation reflects widespread international acknowledgement of the quality of the School. In Brazil, only three other institutions have been awarded this EQUIS-EFMD seal, which is bestowed only on universities, colleges and schools proving high internationalization levels.
In March 2015, the Professional Master’s in Public Administration (MPA) offered by the FGV/EBAPE was awarded accreditation by the International Commission on Accreditation of Public Administration Education and Training (ICAPA), which is the institution in charge of accrediting public administration education and training programs, compliant with the rules and standards established by the Board of the International Association of Schools and Institutes of Administration (IASIA), granted only to institutions with extremely high standards of excellence in Public Administration education and Training.
In addition to maintaining its EQUIS and ICAPA accreditations, the School is also working towards accreditation by the American Association of Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and the Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs, and Administration (NASPAA).