History

(Last updated in: 11/23/2016 - 2:20pm)

The School

The first public administration school in Latin America, the Brazilian School of Public Administration at the Getulio Vargas Foundation (FGV/EBAP) was established in Rio de Janeiro on April 15, 1952 through a partnership between the United Nations (UN) and the FGV, in order to respond to demands for qualified professionals in this field.

In 2002, it was renamed the Brazilian School of Public and Business Administration (EBAPE), reflecting its activities in the private sector that had in fact been in place since it was founded.  During these decades, it has firmed up its credibility and legitimacy through its astounding ability to provide top-tier knowledge to its students, ushering them into a production process ranked as excellent

Pioneering Spirit

  • The first school in Latin America to offer a Master’s in Administration;
  • Brazil’s first books on Administration work published by this School;
  • The first institution in Brazil to use the course enrolment and credits system;
  • The first Presidency and Headquarters of the National Association for Graduate Studies and Research in Administration (ANPAD)
  • In 1961, former Federal Congressman and EBAPE Professor Alberto Guerreiro Ramos drew up the Draft Regulations for the profession of Administrator, confirmed by Law Nº 4,769 promulgated on September 9 1965.