PhD in Operational Research, National Space Research Institute (INPE). MSc in Applied Computation and Automation, Fluminense Federal University. BSc in Systems Analysis, Pontifical Catholic University in Rio de Janeiro (PUC-RJ) (1994).
Research Projects for Government Agencies
- Research Productivity Grant awarded by the National Council for Scientific and Technological Development (CNPq) – 2
- Perception and decision in groups: an experiment in collective diagnosis and registration. Rio de Janeiro State Research Support Foundation (FAPERJ), 2009.
Professor, FGV/EBAPE since December 2000. Associate Member, Club of Rome and General Director of its Brazilian Chapter.
The students that he advised are now located in Europe, Australia, USA and Brazil, publishing their scientific findings in journals such as Cognitive Science (vol. 31 and vol. 33); Cognitive Systems Research; New Ideas in Psychology; PLoS ONE; Journal of Air Transport Management; Transportation Research Part: E; and the Revista de Administração Contemporânea, among others. Some of his supervised students visited Harvard and European universities during their graduate studies at EBAPE.
Fields of Interest
- Scientific foundations of a future “Prestige Science”.
- Sistemas complexos adaptativos (ênfase em ciência cognitiva computacional, neurociência teórica, e sistemas financeiros interconectados versus loosely coupled).
- FinTech: cryptocurrencies, programmable money; blockchain tech permission-less consensus; Distributed Autonomous Corporations; Smart Contracts; etc. (Linha de pesquisa iniciada 4 anos antes do MIT, Stanford, Princeton, etc.).